Saturday, September 27, 2008

Jimmie in for the Chase?

I was surfing through my favorite sports website, http://www.lowesracing.com/ of course because of Jimmie Johnson and I came across this interesting picture. My comments really have nothing to do with the artical itself (http://www.lowesracing.com/articles/view/310) They have to do with the picture. When we were watching that sports video in class, one of the guys mentioned that if you wanted to be a sports photographer, you had to stop being lazy and get up. Go to the field or track or where ever your sport is being held the day before or after the game or race has taken place to get interesting shots. I know for a fact that this picture was taken before race day because Jimmie is getting into his car from the garage. On race day he enters his car from pit road. So, with that in mind, this photographer wasn't lazy. He went to take pictures before the day of the race and I think that's important if you want to make it in sports photography. It shows people that you can do a job without being lazy about it.

2 comments:

shailyn said...

i like this picture because it shows a certain confidence and determination right before a race.

eva marie. said...

I like this picture because like you said, it wasn't taken during race day. You never really get to see the drivers emotions during the race because they're in the car, so I think with racing this sort of shot is kind of necessary.