Saturday, September 20, 2008

Mexican Flavor from NYC


I found this in an article called "From New York Soil, a taste of Home" in the New York Times online. It was part of the New York Region News.The article is about farmers in Staten Island who grow chiles, onions, and "tomatillos"( a type of tomato) native to Mexico. This has been great for people looking for authentic Mexican produce and who want fresh, Mexican dishes. I think the picture (although not a close-up) is is a good environmental picture because it shows farmer Agustin Juarez tending to the vegetables and herbs he grows in a small Staten island farm.

1 comment:

\"/ Andrew Rockstar \"/ said...

I for one think that this is great! I know that it is quite hard to find true dishes to diffent ethnic backgrounds. I for one like Japinise Food, and it is really hard. I also like Mexican, I know that it is very hard to get the right ingrediants for these dishes around here. I also believe that this is going to start to show a tollerance toward other cultures, in doing so, breaking up some of the bounderies. I know that it won't change that much, but maybe it will change enough.